Here’s the speaking activity on contemporary issues done in a Senior class (12th form/ A levels, linguistic level Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate B2) of my Liceo Scientifico using TED TALKS.
Every SATURDAY in a classroom equipped with an Interactive Board, 3 students will present to the rest of the class a TED Talk they have chosen. By THURSDAY 5.p.m.- they must post the LINK of the video in their virtual Schoology class under “assignment comments” so that everybody can watch it and come to class prepared 🙂
Why a Prezi? here’s a nice Prezi to tell you 🙂
Students’ instructions: during your presentation – max. 15 minutes :
- Introduce and summarize the main ideas of Talk IN THE OUTLINE = SLIDE 1 (this was often missing in the first Term presentations)
- USE PREZI. SIGN UP FOR THE FREE ACCOUNT
- Show an excerpt of video (max 5 minutes)
- Express your personal point of view on topic (critical thinking).
- If you want there’s also the EdTed lessons you can use for some Talks to make the class do an activity – also assigned as homework!
After the presentation put the link to your Prezi as comment. I’ll also put it in your virtual class website. And here they are!
- Dan Pink on motivation and Filippo Zanetti’s Prezi “The Puzzle of Motivation”.
- Michael Norton: How to buy Happiness and Enrico Bortoletto’s Prezi.
- Brene Brown: The Power of vulnerability and Gaia dal Poz’s Prezi.