Hi! Today we’re going to deal with the issue of fast food, obesity and eating disorders.
- What’s your first reaction to this photograph?
- How does it make you feel?
- Does it cast any doubts about fast food? If yes why?
- Now that you’ve given your personal opinion on the pic you can read this article on fast food advertising on youth. What’s wrong with this picture?
Let’s start by watching some scenes from the movie Supersize Me (2004) where while examining the influence of the fast food industry, Morgan Spurlock personally explores the consequences on his health of a diet of solely McDonald’s food for one month.
Here’s the trailer:
NOW AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BY LEAVING A COMMENT:
1) Do you think that here in Italy we have the same problem of obesity related to fast foods? Why or why not? FIND some DATA & figures.
2 ) WHY & how often do you eat fast food? Do you think about what you are eating, whether it’s healthy or dangerous to your health?
3) Can you think of any strategies to resolve the problem of obesity in the U.S.A.?
I would like to end our post I’m adding some links that you may find of interest: